Thursday, July 19, 2012

I eat real food I promise!


OK so I built a bridge and got over the stuff that was bringing me down when I posted last time so get ready for something a little more positive!

Yesterday was cupcake happy hour day again so I got these bad boys.



One is grasshopper (devils food cupcake with mint frosting and andes mints on top) and the other is maple bacon.  For real.  Even the cake part had real bacon bits in it!  I split it up between me and my office buddies and we thought it was pretty good, but none of us were really in love with it.  Let's just say, it wasn't bad, but if I could only buy one cupcake, this one would not be it.

I didn't take a picture, but I also got a lemon blueberry one and I ate it in the car on the way back from the bakery because it was THAT good!!  I'm not sure how I'm going to survive without cupcake happy hour once I'm back on the east coast...

At the gym I busted out 20 minutes of weights:
10x front, side, back lunges
50x weighted incline sit-ups
3x10 lateral side raises and lateral front raises w/ 10 lbs
3x12 w/ 30 lb barbell: squats, single leg calf raises (each leg), over head press, and bicep curl
Followed by 15 minutes of moderate spinning, and a 20 min progressive run on the treadmill.  I'll take it!


Today was my last day at my internship.  I feel like I just got here and I'm not ready to leave at all!  There's so much more I want to do in the Bay Area and northern CA in general, now I HAVE to come back!  I still need to see:

  • Monterey/Carmel
  • Santa Cruz
  • Lake Tahoe
  • Napa
  • Golden Gate Park/Point Reyes
  • Yosemite
  • Redwoods/Sequoia
  • Muir Woods
I am already planning what I might want to do next summer, and if I don't end up here, I'm looking ahead to when I graduate and can go to Navy Postgrad School in Monterey... oh man, that would be the life!


Ahhhh... if only this were my view every morning...

After my last day at work (cry) we stopped at the farmers market and Trader Joe's so I could buy some snacks for my last day here and for my day of travelling back to the east coast on Saturday.  This picture is actually from last week and I didn't buy this many berries but this is essentially what I come back with when you let me loose in a farmer's market!  Oh and nectarines too, but they didn't make it into the picture.


Later tonight I'll go to the gym, run until I don't feel like it anymore and do some abs/strength training, and then we're going to IHOP and then seeing Dark Knight Rising!  I don't really know what this Batman is all about but hopefully it's as good as the last one.

Tomorrow we're going windsurfing again and this time I WILL take pictures!

Oh and after the gym on Monday we went to a local 24 hour donut joint.  'Dis my shit.


I just want you guys to know that while my diet does incorporate large amounts of baked goods I DO eat healthy things too most of the time, I promise!  But hey we gotta #eatdirty too sometimes.


Happy almost-weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I think that Andes mint cupcake might be the best thing ever. It sounds amazing. I hope you can find a way to make it back to No Cal--it looks gorgeous! And who can resist a farmer's market with golden raspberries? Not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #EATDIRTY ahahaha yes. glad this is “trending”. Hey, no shame in showing us all the treats you eat! Maple bacon cupcake.....honestly bacon grosses me out so i dunno if I’d be down for that haha but lemon blueberry sounds amazing! And gah Cali sounds so beautiful, hopefully you do get to go back sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look delish! I had a craving for them last night too and stopped at Magnolia for the best cupcake ever! Except I think I have to try that mint one...

    ReplyDelete